Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Thing 20

I've already posted 2 YouTube videos in my blog. I couldn't resist adding another for this assignment, so I chose a tribute to Discworld that was posted on YouTube by Discworldrockstar. If you enjoy satire and have not read a Discworld book by Terry Pratchett, you are truly missing a delightful reading experience. I highly recommend the books that feature the witches. Start with Wyrd Sisters. Granny Weatherwax rocks! His Tiffany Aching series for young adults is also not to be missed. If you don't believe me, consult Cohen the Librarian. He is a most knowledgeable scholar of all things Disc.

YouTube is a very entertaining resource. You can find just about anything on video. I give it an A+ in entertainment value. Once you have an account, posting videos is quite easy. Posting videos of library events may generate interest in other library offerings. You could also use a video (with credit given to the originator)to use with reading assistance as I did with the Discworld books.

No comments: