Saturday, September 29, 2007

Thing 19

I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was already familiar with some of the Web 2.0 award winners. I have accounts with Ning and Pandora and I am very familiar with YouTube. I really like YouTube.

I decided to look at Google Maps for this assignment. Google Maps is very easy to use. I really like how you can zoom in with just a click. Once you're there you can search by business type. This would be useful for those who travel. "Ok, I'm here in Pokipsy now where can I get a Pizza?" Then of course there are the ever helpful driving directions, which in my particular experience have been correct most of the time. The my maps function is neat. You can personalize and annotate your own maps and then share them. This can be very helpful for event planning.

As far as using it in a library setting, it is another useful reference tool for those who come in that are completely lost.

1 comment:

Awad said...

WOW! You are on a roll . . . Just four more, and you have an MP3 Player! How cool!